What are the Advantages of Using Self-Storage Units?February 9, 2019
Eight Great Ways to Free Up Space for Your Home-Based BusinessFebruary 11, 2019
Balance is a whole Host of things – Physical, Emotional, Spiritual, Financial
Leading a happy and well-adjusted existence is all about the balancing of physical, emotional, spiritual, intellectual, environmental, social and financial components into a perfect marriage of stability.
- Living a life of chaos is not good for the soul on any level. Set at least five minutes each day to look at whether you are leading a balanced existence.
- For environmental balance, you need to have order in your life. De-clutter both your work and home environment as clutter causes stress and poor time-management. Make sure everything has a home and that it is in its right place. If you don’t have enough space, consider storing all those excess items in self-storage units until you decide whether to keep them or to throw them out. If you are unsure of how to make this happen, Japanese cleaning guru Marie Kondo has some useful tips and hints on how best to clean out your home and office space.
- For physical balance instil a daily routine that includes some form exercise, whether it is jogging, walking, taking Rover for a walk, swimming, playing a game of tennis or working out at the gym.
- Identify stress and put a plan into place for emotional balance (yoga and meditation are great for destressing).
- Don’t neglect your social life to accommodate anything else. Plan your schedule to include fun things to do with friends and family.
- Communicate at home and at work if you become overloaded with chores and tasks. Communication tells others about your limits and boundaries.
- Spiritual balance is more than religion; it also involves alone time with anything so that you can feel at peace with the world around you.
- Work out a budget and stick to it religiously to find financial balance in your life.
- Combine working out and socialising; this way you can kill two birds with one stone.
- Intellectual balance is attained by trying out something new. Join a class or take up a hobby or join a book club or library to get more intellectual fodder. Remember -accomplishment builds self-worth.
Leading a balanced existence is essential in the home and work environment – start off with the basics by decluttering your world – the results will be immediate. Your family or colleagues will benefit when you adhere to these values.