Self Storage Units in Roodepoort
SEVEN SMART THINGS TO DO WHEN USING SELF-STORAGE UNITS
Freeing up space is the smart thing to do, and what better way to do this than to use our self-storage units to keep anything and everything that you don’t use on a regular basis, dry, safe and secure? If you are winding up a deceased estate, are moving out of home and looking for a first-time apartment or digs, upscaling or down-sizing; whatever your personal circumstances are, our storage facilities in Roodepoort will offer the perfect ready-made solution to free up space in your home or office.
Here are 7 smart things to do when using our storage services:
These hints will assist in making the most of the space when you rent self-storage units. It is time to declutter and to take full advantage of the tiniest of spaces by storing excess items; whatever you do remember that the secret is to pack your storage unit to maximise the space that you are renting.
- Relook at the containers you use within your self-storage unit. Whether the items are kept for a short space of time because you are moving towns, moving house or simply wanting to find somewhere new; or the reason might be that you are making use of storage facilities so that the extra items are kept outside your home until you need them, remember that everything will come in a wide range of sizes, shapes and containers. For most individuals, storing these items in the assortment and variety of shapes the items come in is perhaps mistake number one, as they are not uniform, resulting in the boxes breaking and bags tearing. Invest in some solid, practical plastic bins in uniform sizes so that they stack well. This is the best way to save space within your storage unit – and is particularly handy for small bits and pieces.
- Dismantling furniture will also save space – although quite onerous and time-consuming, dismantling beds, tables and other items will prove to be a veritable life (and space) saver.
- Labelling everything might not save on space, but it will make your life so much easier when it comes to identifying your items.
- Ditch the stuff you don’t want anymore. This is a brilliant time to declutter even if the items hold sentimental value. Remember that you are paying for storing your items, so if you don’t need or want something, either sell it or give it away to a charity where it can be used by someone else – this applies to books, clothes, pictures and anything else.
- Heaviest and largest first; smaller and lighter items on the top. By devising a clever plan, and by placing items you might need to get to from time to time by placing these at the front of the container, you will find this a practical method of storing your goods.
- Breakables are best stored in bubble wrap or in spare towels or blankets to ensure they are protected. Think out of the box for those left-over gaps and spaces between your new plastic containers.
- If you have extra space right at the front after filling up your self-storage units, this is a great place to store heavy items such as vacuum cleaners, golf clubs, sports equipment or your bicycle.
Store all your extra items at our storage facilities in Roodepoort for a user-friendly experience. We come to you and not the other way around. You can then either pack the storage unit yourself or use our professional team to assist. Once you have received your self-storage container, pack your items according to the free Easy Store Packing Guide– a step by step instruction booklet overflowing with great ideas and practical tips. Once the unit is packed we will collect it and take it to our state-of-the-art storage facilities for safe-keeping.